Thursday, April 28, 2011

39 week appt *update 8am*

Went well.

bp - 118/70
hb - 144
She didn't measure me 
2-3 cm dilated and about 70% effaced

She also stripped my membranes. It didn't hurt as bad as I've been told. There was a little blood on her glove but none since that. 

Dh wasn't happy about the membrane stripping. He keeps freaking out that we are so far from the hospital. I think he forgets it take HOURS to have a baby, and stripping the membranes doesn't mean the baby is coming NOW. So he wasn't happy about that, but I don't care. I've had tons of activity and if the baby is ready great, and if not maybe they will strip the membranes again next week.

Also, the CNM who I saw today offered to induce me. I politely said no thanks. I am not to that point, I am not even that uncomfortable. It just seemed silly to me to induce before I am overdue with NO REASON to have to get this baby out already.


***Update*** 8pm PST
So, I have been cramping pretty bad in my back all day and I haven't been doing a thing. Either way its gotten stronger and I have had several strong contractions, but nothing timable yet. I had a little spotting from the membrane stripping but not much. I am also VERY nauseous and sweating like crazy. 

Anyway, I don't think its happening tonight, but I do believe tomorrow is a good possibility.


***Update*** 8am PST
So I woke up feeling fine. I tossed and turned a lot and I am still exhausted. When i got out of bed I realized I had a ton of pressure and am still having just very slight cramping in my back. I can't be sure but I don't know that this is related to the stripping. I had plans of getting our and about today, but now we are waiting and getting the carpets cleaned so I am just sitting here.

8:11am
Ok I was laying with the pups and felt wet in my underwear so I went potty and there was a large amount of very bloody goop.

No comments:

Post a Comment